Back to: Other
January 11, 2005 06:39 AM

Unattended Cooking Causes Sioux Falls Fire

Unattended cooking is likely to blame for a house fire in the southwest part of Sioux Falls. The blaze broke out around 4:00 yesterday afternoon.

Crews were able to get the fire under control quickly, but they remained on the scene putting out hot spots. The fire did extensive damage, which is estimated to be over $50,000.

One person was in the home at the time, and taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Two cats were also saved.

Keloland Live Doppler

Sioux Falls, SD - Change