Back to: Other
October 13, 2011 06:38 AM

Spontaneous Combustion Cause Of Deadly SD Blast

aberdeen, sd


South Dakota's fire marshal says an explosion near Britton that killed two volunteer firefighters and injured a third was caused by spontaneous combustion in coal.
 
Twenty-two-year-old William Waldner and 20-year-old Jacob Waldner died September 15 while battling a coal bin fire at the Sunset Hutterite Colony. Jacob Waldner's father, Jack, was injured. The firefighters were on top of a building when the explosion blew off the roof and a wall.

Fire Marshal Al Christie says there was nothing the firefighters could have done to prevent the blast.
6355 Views
Sponsored

Click here for full weather details!


Sponsored


Sponsored
GEARUP Refer

Sponsored