Back to: Other
November 09, 2010 12:24 PM

Sisseton Business Fire Ruled Accidental

sisseton, sd

A fire that damaged the Schiltz Foods goose processing plant in Sisseton has been ruled accidental.
State Fire Marshal Al Christie says that the fire appears to be the result of work gloves stored in a cardboard box in the plant's boiler room spontaneously combusting.

The fire last Friday spread from the boiler room to the roof and took fire crews several hours to put out.

The plant is running at a limited capacity and expects to be fully operational by Monday.

Keloland Live Doppler

Sioux Falls, SD - Change