Two fires early Sunday kept Watertown Fire Rescue crews busy.
Firefighters were called to an apartment fire just after 12:30 a.m. They were able to get everyone out of the building and put out the fire, which appeared to have started from an unattended pan on stove. One person was treated on scene for minor smoke inhalation. There was significant smoke damage to the apartment where the fire started and minor damage to other apartments on the same floor.
Just a few hours later, a call came in for a house fire. When firefighters arrived, they found flames coming out of two windows on the main floor and smoke coming from the entire house. When they got inside, firefighters discovered the fire had spread through the living area and into both the attic and basement. The house is for sale, so no one was home at the time. One firefighter did have to be treated for a minor injury at the scene.