Back to: News
February 10, 2012 12:56 PM

VA To Give $21.4M For Hot Springs Vets Home

sioux falls, sd


Sen. Tim Johnson says that the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs will give South Dakota $21.4 million to help build a new state veterans home in Hot Springs
.

Johnson chairs the military construction and veterans affairs appropriations subcommittee, which awarded a total of $85 million for the Veterans Affairs State Home Construction Grant Program.

The funding will be used to construct a new 100 bed state veterans home in Hot Springs on the same property as the current facility.

The South Dakota project ranked tenth in the nation under the Obama Administration's priority list for the program.

The VA will match 65 percent of the project's cost, with South Dakota funding the remaining 35 percent through a bond bill passed last year.
  • News
  • General
1838 Views
Sponsored