Back to: News
June 13, 2014 05:08 PM

Tea Woman Taken To Hospital Following Fire

Tea, SD

A smoldering fire sent a Tea woman to the hospital Friday morning.

Neighbors saw smoke coming out of the roof of the home just after 7:30 a.m.  They tried to get into the house but it was locked so they called 911.

A Tea policewoman was the first into the home and found the woman unresponsive in her bed.  Firefighters immediately began CPR.

Lincoln County Emergency Manager Harold Timmerman says paramedics were still doing CPR as the ambulance pulled out.

"The fire must have smoldered for quite some time up in the attic area. It never did come through the ceiling of the house, but some rafters burned quite extensively in the roof," Timmerman said.

Firefighters got covered in burnt insulation trying to put the fire out.

There's been no update on the condition of the woman.

  • News
  • General
4276 Views

Comments

We Welcome discussion on KELOLAND News stories but will delete any comments that contain swearing or make threats against others.


Sponsored

Keloland Live Doppler

Sioux Falls, SD - Change
Sponsored
Sponsored