sioux falls, sd
Eight men face charges following a reverse prostitution sting in Sioux Falls.
Police placed two fictitious ads on an internet site advertising women available for escort services and received numerous responses. Chief Doug Barthel says that within 20 minutes, officers got text messages from people interested in arranging a meeting.
Officers set up several encounters and customers who offered money for sex were arrested.
Those arrested are:
• Michael Stang, 61, St. Joseph, MN resident (2 counts)
• Samuel Wilson, 38, Sioux Falls resident (2 counts)
• Glen Hurst, 56, Sioux Falls resident (2 counts)
• Nicholas Bergman, 26, Sioux Falls resident
• Jasper Williams, 37, Centerville resident
• Charles Wathier, 45, Sioux Falls resident
• Roy Knudson, 63, Sioux Falls resident
• Efren Soltero-Romero, 29, Sioux Falls resident
The men are charged with Hiring for Sexual Activity, which is a class 1 misdemeanor. Three of them were charged with two counts as they tried to purchase sex with two females at once.
Barthel says based on the high number of responses to the ads, police will be conducting similar stings in the very near future.