Back to: News
January 02, 2013 05:51 AM

Morning Fire Prompts Smoke Detector Reminder

A candle near a bed is believed to be what started a mattress fire early Wednesday morning.

Sioux Falls Fire Rescue were called to a structure fire on the 1900 block of East 33rd Street North around 3:30 a.m. When crews arrived, they found smoke coming from the front door.

Everyone inside the home had already escaped safely.  Firefighters found the mattress was the only item burning and were able to take it outside to put out the fire.

The home did not have any working smoke detectors, which prompted fire officials to remind everyone to have them installed.

  • News
  • General
  • Sioux Falls, SD
5056 Views
Sponsored
Sponsored