With Christmas just around the corner, a group of ladies in Sioux Falls are getting ready for the holiday. Saturday morning, the ladies at Heirloom Creations in Sioux Falls took wrapping to a whole new creative level, using decorative stitches, fun fabrics and colorful threads.
They learned how create a unique reusable gift box with an origami twist. Steps To Making A Re-Usable Gift Box
1) Find the fabric you’d like to use and measure it out to the size of your liking
2) Cut the pattern out of the plastic using an Exacto knife or something like it
3) Cut the fabric using your pattern
4) Add stitches, thread play, ribbons, have fun with color
5) Iron your three layers of together (fuse)
6) Add edges along the side
7) Put your box together
Click on the video player below to see some shots from the morning's quilting session.
If you’re working on last minute projects, Heirloom Creations will be having an open sewing lounge from December 19 to 23. It will be $10 the first day, $20 for the next two days, or the whole week. This includes two meals a day.
For more information on events happening at Heirloom call (605) 332-4435, visit their website
or Facebook Page