The procession honoring Former South Dakota Governor Bill Janklow is on its way to Sioux Falls for an evening prayer service.
More than 450 people filled the state capitol in Pierre during a public memorial service where several state dignitaries spoke of their Janklow memories, including Governor Dennis Daugaard, Supreme Court Justice Steven Zinter, former Supreme Court Justice Judith Meierhenry, former State Lawmaker Lars Herseth, and former Legislator and Secretary of Agriculture Larry Gabriel.
Bagpipes, an F-16 flyover and the song Taps played as the casket and family left the capitol building following the 50-minute service.
The South Dakota Highway Patrol is escorting the procession to Sioux Falls through Fort Pierre on its way to Interstate-90 and then through several other communities.
The state released a list Monday of approximate times it will pass communities, though the procession did not leave the State Capitol until after 2:08.
• Leave State Capitol at 1:45 p.m.
• Arrive Fort Pierre on Highway 83 at 1:51 p.m.
• Arrive at I-90 at Vivian at 2:23 p.m.
• Arrive Presho on I-90 at 2:35 p.m.
• Arrive Kennebec on I-90 at 2:41 p.m.
• Arrive Reliance on I-90 at 2:53 p.m.
• Arrive Oacoma on I-90 at 3:01 p.m.
• Arrive Chamberlain on I-90 at 3:07 p.m.
• Arrive Pukwana on I-90 at 3:14 p.m.
• Arrive Kimball on I-90 at 3:22 p.m.
• Arrive White Lake on I-90 at 3:26 p.m.
• Arrive Plankinton on I-90 at 3:42 p.m.
• Arrive Mount Vernon on I-90 at 3:52 p.m.
• Arrive Mitchell on I-90 at 4:02 p.m.
• Arrive Alexandria on I-90 at 4:11 p.m.
• Arrive Salem on I-90 at 4:26 p.m.
• Arrive Humboldt on I-90 at 4:40 p.m.
• Arrive Hartford on I-90 at 4:48 p.m.
• Arrive Sioux Falls on I-90 at 5:15 p.m.
People who would like to view the procession can not park on the shoulder of Interstate 90 or on I-90 overpasses. Instead, you are asked to park off the interstate on the shoulder of entrance and exit ramps or on side roads.
KELOLAND News will resume coverage of the memorial service tonight on KELOLAND News at Five, Six and Ten.