Back to: News
June 13, 2014 08:35 AM

House Fire In Tea

A neighbor alerted fire crews to a house fire in Tea Friday morning and the woman who lives there had to be taken to the hospital.

Authorities say the fire may have started in the attic or upper level of the home and they believe it was smoldering for a quite some time before anyone noticed.  

A neighbor was the first to see smoke, tried to get into the house and called for help around 7:30 a.m.  Emergency responders found the woman unconscious inside.  They performed CPR as she was taken away by ambulance to the hospital.

Authorities said she is about 50 years old. Neighbors said her husband was out of town.

We will provide more information as it becomes available.

  • News
  • General
6787 Views
Sponsored