A second person has died after being overcome by fumes while working on a lift station in Potter County.
Firefighters wearing protective masks recovered 20-year-old Erik Hansen's body from the scene at West Whitlock Resort Tuesday. The Potter County Sheriff says when neighbors pulled Eric's father, 50-year-old Kirk Hansen, from the lift station he was in critical condition. He died Wednesday morning.
The Potter County Sheriff received a call about the distressed men shortly before 1:30 Tuesday. He says they were standing in a hole about four feet deep and were overcome by methane gas. Early reports suggest the men were not wearing protective breathing gear when they entered the lift station.
This article has been revised to reflect the following correction:
A misspelling was corrected in this story.