Back to: News
August 05, 2012 10:20 AM

Firefighters: Man Dead In Aberdeen House Fire

aberdeen, sd

Authorities say an Aberdeen man died in a house fire that was probably started by a burner on his kitchen stove.

A neighbor reported the blaze early Saturday. An Aberdeen fire department lieutenant says the man was taken to hospital, where he was declared dead. The fire caused extensive smoke and heat damage.

Brown County Coroner Mike Carlsen says the man's identity won't be disclosed until his family is notified.

A fire official tells the Aberdeen American News (http://bit.ly/MdcK1u ) that most of the fire damage was in the home's kitchen, and a stove burner was on when firefighters went into the house.

  • News
  • General
  • Aberdeen, SD
6101 Views
Sponsored

Keloland Live Doppler

Sioux Falls, SD - Change
Sponsored
Sponsored