Back to: News
January 12, 2013 02:17 PM

Fire In DeSmet Leaves Family Without Home

desmet, sd

A DeSmet family is without a home after their house caught fire early Saturday morning.

Fire Chief Randy Holland says firefighters were called out around 5 a.m. Saturday morning to a house on Root Avenue, near the country club. When they got there, the entire roof was engulfed.

Holland says the fire appears to have climbed up the chimney from a wood burning stove in the basement and got up into the attic.

A family of five was home when the fire broke out, but the parents and three children all go out safely.

Holland says the home is a total loss.

  • News
  • General
10120 Views
Sponsored