Rock Valley, ia
Man-made berms are holding in Rock Valley and the river has started to recede.
According to city officials, the Rock River is projected to slowly drop today. As water levels drop, the city is issuing the following warnings:
- Man-made berms cannot be removed under any condition.
- No vehicles are permitted in flooded areas, as streets may have been undermined by water.
- Homeowner are cautioned not to pump water out of basements because of the possibility that basement walls could collapse.
- Residents and volunteers should not work in the water because of health concerns regarding the quality of the water.
- People who have been working in the water the past two days are encouraged to make sure their tetanus shots are up to date.
- Residents and members outside of the community are still encouraged to stay home and stay out of the way of emergency personnel and officials that are assessing the damage.
No volunteers are needed at this time until the water has receded below flood stage and it is safe to begin the clean up process.