The boil order is lifted at Ellsworth Air Force Base, Vandenberg Elementary School and Antelope Ridge.
The latest tests say the water no longer contains E. Coli bacteria. But there are some steps you should take before you drink it.
Base and Antelope Ridge residents should follow the below instructions prior to water consumption:
- Flush all home fixtures (excluding toilets) for 15 minutes to include exterior hose spigots, faucets, tub/shower, etc.
- Hot and cold water faucets should be run at the same time, fully turned on
- Empty and refill all ice trays, repeating this process at least three times
- Flush all toilets at least once
- Fridge water filters do not need to be replaced, but output should be run for 15 minutes
- On base dorm residents should follow these same procedures above
Base facility managers and Vandenberg Elementary School staff should follow the below instructions prior to water consumption:
- Follow all of the above instructions for homes (if fixtures are auto sensing, user will have to physically trigger sensor)
- Tape or hold down water fountain buttons for 15 minutes
- Fixtures include safety showers and eyewash stations connected to a building water supply
- Empty all industrial ice machines and allow them to run for three dump cycles