Back to: News
September 16, 2012 05:35 PM

Andover Building A Total Loss After Fire

andover, sd

Firefighters in a northeast South Dakota community are on guard as they clean up rubble from a business that burned.

The fire started in the storage shed of a honey company in Andover earlier Sunday afternoon. Two men who store items in the shed were inside when a fuel-powered pump they were using started on fire. It spread quickly throughout the building.

“They got out of there fortunately. They got a truck out of there and what equipment they could. Not much equipment got out, business owner Paul Taylor said.

The building is a total loss.

Firefighters have been on guard in case wind carries embers, causing the fire to spread as they clean up the rubble.

  • News
  • General
4448 Views

Comments

We Welcome discussion on KELOLAND News stories but will delete any comments that contain swearing or make threats against others.


Sponsored