Sioux Falls, SD
Officials are urging residents affected by flooding from June 13 to 20 to start making recovery plans.
The Lincoln/Union County Long-Term Recovery Team is asking people to dial 211 to make an appointment with a disaster-recovery case manager.
The team is also requesting that residents file a claim with their homeowners’ insurance, even if they think the claim will be denied. Other recommended steps include applying for a Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loan and for the Housing Opportunity Fund as well.
The SBA outreach center at Elk Point in Union County closes Tuesday at 4 p.m. The outreach center in Canton closes this Thursday at 6 p.m.
After disaster victims have an appointment, they should bring the following information with them:
• The square-footage of their home
• A description of the damage, with photographs if possible
• A copy of a document showing proof of ownership
• A copy of the insurance award or denial letter
• A copy of a document verifying monthly income
• A copy of documents verifying checking, savings and investments
• Copies of all receipts for disaster-related repairs
• And a copy of estimates for repairs, if the resident has received an estimate