Unfortunately you don't have the latest version of Flash installed. Download Flash for free and return to this page.
Regardless of our abilities or disabilities, we are One Community. We live, work, learn and grow together. There is no us or them. We all can pitch in to make our lives better so that we may all have the opportunity to live life without limits.
What can you do?
- Make sure sidewalks are clear of snow, fix cracks and trim low hanging branches. If your neighbor can’t do these things, consider helping them. Removing obstacles to mobility allows everyone to move about to the best of their ability.
- Remove barriers to those with limited mobility. Help neighbors with limited mobility with daily activities. Shop for their groceries, help them with yard work and cleaning around the house. Even little things like changing a light bulb maybe difficult for someone with limited mobility.
- Provide opportunities. Even if you own a business or are in the position of hiring employees, consider those whose disability is not a liability. Look at what that person can do, not what they can’t do.
- Support organizations in your community that provide opportunities and support for those with disabilities.
- Know your neighbors. Adopt a neighbor, an apartment or a group home and provide a meal. Involve everyone in your neighborhood.
Individuals With A Disablility/Parents
SSI - http://www.socialsecurity.gov/reach.htm
Links to Organizations and Resources
Independent Living Choices (ILC) (formerly Prairie Freedom Center) - http://www.ilcchoices.org
Community Support Providers / Certified Agencies
Freedom to Work Project 1-800-210-0143 http://ftw.sd-ccd.org